I have taken a look at Del.icio.us and know that it will be a wonderful tool to use in the library. Any of those great sites that can be found to support the curriculum and specific classsroom projects, can be saved here and accessed on any computer. My account has been set up and I have created some folders to hold my bookmarks. Of course, one of the folders is called Library Things. On to Thing 14.
Technorati was very interesting and also very confusing. I think I could have used an entire course on this one tool. Searching for blogs about School Library Learning 2.0 brought up some of the MSLA blogs as well as the CSLA blogs. Tags in these blogs sent me to additional writings about Web 2.0 and gave me different places to go. It really seemed overwhelming in some ways and I would need to spend much more time exploring. Tagging is a creative way of assigning words to the information that is located in a blog. Since everyone can compose their own tags, it isn't as consistent as if there was a list to choose from and the information had to fit into a certain category. It was an experience to look at the tags that were used and notice which ones were used more often than others just by noticing their size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment